We wish all a Very Happy New Year! During this month of New Beginnings, we give THANKS to our wonderful Staff who work so hard, and we place our HOPE in God for continued protection and provision.
We specialize in three things:
- Care Exceeding Expectations,
- Coordinated Medical Plans,
- Communication with Family,
We Welcome 2 New Residents in December and one or two in January! We are accepting Move-Ins, and look forward to serving more families.
An Announcement: We had 2 New Year’s babies join our family on Jan 1. “Jack and Jill” bring our doll family up to 5. The twins bring comfort and companionship to our Residents.
What Makes Avonlea Cottage different?
- Secure doors 24/7. Gives relief that our Residents are safe day and night.
- All-shifts RN and CNAs. Continued In-Service training to give exceptional care for the unique needs of Alzheimer’s/dementia Residents.
- Private Pay, and Privately Owned. Exceeding all CDC and Ill Dept of Public Health Guidelines,
- Home-like Setting. Comfortable and not at all like an institution.
- Better Staff to Resident ratio. More time to get to know the Residents, sit and visit. Not rushed.
- Medical attention on-site. Our Medical Director makes “house calls” to our home every-other Friday and is On Call as needed. All labs, x-rays, podiatry, and therapy is done in-house.
- It Looks and Smells like HOME. The air smells good because we give excellent bathing and incontinent care.
Call 815-288-6044 to schedule a TOUR with Alma, our Director of Nursing.
We Welcome New Staff:
Stacey – Stacey is our Dietary Manager and brings many years of restaurant experience.
She fulfills responsibilities of purchasing and organizing food pantry and nursing supplies, and creates the yummy balanced menu and schedule. Stacey’s GIFT is “cooking as much as possible from scratch”. We love her home-made soups, colorful casseroles, and delicious desserts!
Schedule an inside in-person visit — call the office at 815-288-6044
Schedule a Facetime video phone call – call/text AvaLynda at 815-440-7998.
Receive medical updates from our Director of Nursing, Alma, at 815-288-6044.
Phone Call your loved one for up to 15 minutes– call the office at 815-288-6044.
We appreciate each of you, AvaLynda and Steve